Terms and Conditions
Welcome to Grimmer!
Thank you for using our platform. Our website is provided and operated by Grimmer Technology and Operations, Inc. (“Grimmer”), located at 4662 Dower Drive, Ellicott City, MD 21043.
By using our website, you are agreeing to these terms. Please read them carefully.
Using our Website
You must follow any policies made available to you within the website.
Don’t misuse our website. For example, don’t interfere with our website or try to access it using a method other than the interface and the instructions that we provide. You may use our website only as permitted by law, including applicable export and re-export control laws and regulations. We may suspend or stop providing you access to our website if you do not comply with our terms or policies or if we are investigating suspected misconduct.
Using our website does not give you ownership of any intellectual property rights in our website or the content you access. You may not use content from our website unless you obtain permission from its owner or are otherwise permitted by law. These terms do not grant you the right to use any branding or logos used on our website. Don’t remove, obscure, or alter any legal notices displayed on our website.
In connection with your use of the website, we may send you service announcements, administrative messages, and other information. You may opt out of some of those communications.
You may use our website only for lawful purposes and in accordance with these terms. You agree not to use our website:
- In any way that violates any applicable federal, state, local or international law or regulation (including, without limitation, any laws regarding the export of data or software to and from the US or other countries).
- To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with these terms.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any advertising or promotional material, including any "junk mail", "chain letter" or "spam" or any other similar solicitation.
- To impersonate or attempt to impersonate Grimmer, a Grimmer employee, or any other person or entity (including, without limitation, by using e-mail addresses associated with any of the foregoing).
- To engage in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits anyone’s use or enjoyment of the website, or which, as determined by us, may harm Grimmer, or users of the website or expose them to liability.
Additionally, you agree not to:
- Use the website in any manner that could disable, overburden, damage, or impair the website or interfere with any other party’s use of the website, including their ability to engage in real time activities through the website.
- Use any robot, spider or other automatic device, process or means to access the website for any purpose, including monitoring or copying any of the material on the website.
- Use any manual process to monitor or copy any of the material on the website or for any other unauthorized purpose without our prior written consent.
- Use any device, software or routine that interferes with the proper working of the website.
- Introduce any viruses, trojan horses, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful.
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to, interfere with, damage or disrupt any parts of the website, the server on which the website is stored, or any server, computer or database connected to the website.
- Attack the website via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack.
- Otherwise attempt to interfere with the proper functionality of the website.
If you encounter content or a user that you believe violates the above policies, please report it to us by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Managing Content and Communications
Grimmer may, but is not obligated to, monitor or review (i) any areas on the website where you transmit or post content, including but not limited to areas where our services are available.
To the maximum extent permitted by law, Grimmer will have no liability related to your content arising under the laws of copyright, libel, privacy, obscenity, or otherwise. Grimmer also disclaims all liability with respect to the misuse, loss, modification, or unavailability of any of your content.
Grimmer or its parent, subsidiaries, or affiliates, or third parties from whom we have permission, own the trademarks or service marks that are used on the website. All rights are reserved. These and other graphics, logos, service marks, trademarks and trade dress of Grimmer and its licensors may not be used without prior written consent of Grimmer or its licensor, as the case may be. Without limiting the foregoing, our trademarks or trade dresses may not be used in connection with any product or service that is not ours, in any manner that is likely to cause confusion among users, or in any manner that disparages or discredits us.
The website and its entire contents, features, and functionality (including but not limited to all information, software, text, displays, images, video, and audio, and the design, selection, and arrangement thereof) are owned by Grimmer, its licensors, or other providers of such material and are protected by United States and international copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, and other intellectual property or proprietary rights laws.
- Your computer may temporarily store copies of such materials in RAM incidental to your accessing and viewing those materials;
- You may store files that are automatically cached by your web browser for display enhancement purposes;
- You may print one copy of a reasonable number of pages of the website for your own personal, non-commercial use and not for further reproduction, publication, or distribution;
- If we provide desktop, mobile, or other applications for download, you may download a single copy to your computer or mobile device solely for your own personal, non-commercial use, provided you agree to be bound by our end user license agreement for such applications.
You must not:
- Modify copies of any materials from this site;
- Delete or alter any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary rights notices from copies of materials from this site;
- You must not access or use for any commercial purposes any part of the website or any services or materials available through the website.
Comments and Feedback
You agree that your comments will not violate any right of any third party, including copyright, trademark, privacy, personality or other personal or proprietary right. You further agree that your comments will not contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, abusive or obscene material, or contain any computer virus or other malware that could in any way affect the operation of the website or any related website(s). You may not use a false e-mail address, pretend to be someone other than yourself, or otherwise mislead us or third parties as to the origin of any comments. You are solely responsible for any comments you make and their accuracy. We take no responsibility and assume no liability for any comments posted by you or any third party.
Modifying and Terminating Our Website
We are constantly changing and improving our website. We may add or remove functionalities or features, and we may suspend or stop a service altogether.
You can stop using our website at any time. We may also stop providing services to you, or add or create new limits to our website at any time.
Links from the Website
If our website contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your convenience only and are not intended and should not be construed as any endorsement or approval of, association with or control over any such organization or site or the contents thereof. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources, and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them, and disclaim all warranty and liability as to the accuracy, completeness, suitability or utility thereof. If you decide to access any of the third-party websites linked to our website, you do so entirely at your own risk and subject to the terms and conditions of use for such websites.
Age of Users
Our products and services are directed towards adults or with the consent of adults. Individuals under the age of 13 are not permitted to use our website without the supervision of a parent or legal guardian. Furthermore, we do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from children under the age of 13. Should we learn that someone under the age of 13 has provided any personal information to or on our website, we will remove that information as soon as possible.
Disclaimer of Warranties
OUR WEBSITE IS PROVIDED TO YOU "AS IS" AND ON AN “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS AND WITH ALL FAULTS AND DEFECTS WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, WE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY, OR OTHERWISE, WITH RESPECT TO THE WEBSITE, INCLUDING ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND WARRANTIES THAT MAY ARISE OUT OF COURSE OF DEALING, COURSE OF PERFORMANCE, USAGE, OR TRADE PRACTICE. WITHOUT LIMITATION TO THE FOREGOING, WE PROVIDE NO WARRANTY OR UNDERTAKING, AND MAKE NO REPRESENTATION OF ANY KIND THAT THE WEBSITE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, ACHIEVE ANY INTENDED RESULTS, BE COMPATIBLE, OR WORK WITH ANY OTHER SOFTWARE, APPLICATIONS, SYSTEMS, OR SERVICES, OPERATE WITHOUT INTERRUPTION, MEET ANY PERFORMANCE OR RELIABILITY STANDARDS, OR BE ERROR-FREE, OR THAT ANY ERRORS OR DEFECTS CAN OR WILL BE CORRECTED.
SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF OR LIMITATIONS ON IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR THE LIMITATIONS ON THE APPLICABLE STATUTORY RIGHTS OF A CONSUMER, SO SOME OR ALL OF THE ABOVE EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
Limitation on Liability
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL WE, OR ANY OF OUR SERVICE PROVIDERS, HAVE ANY LIABILITY ARISING FROM OR RELATED TO YOUR USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE WEBSITE FOR: PERSONAL INJURY, PROPERTY DAMAGE, LOST PROFITS, COST OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES, LOSS OF DATA, LOSS OF GOODWILL, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, COMPUTER FAILURE OR MALFUNCTION, OR ANY OTHER CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, EXEMPLARY, SPECIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES. THE FOREGOING LIMITATIONS WILL APPLY WHETHER SUCH DAMAGES ARISE OUT OF BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), OR OTHERWISE AND REGARDLESS OF WHETHER SUCH DAMAGES WERE FORESEEABLE OR WE WERE ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW CERTAIN LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY SO SOME OR ALL OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Grimmer and its officers, directors, employees, agents, affiliates, successors, and assigns from and against any and all losses, damages, liabilities, deficiencies, claims, actions, judgments, settlements, interest, awards, penalties, fines, costs, or expenses of whatever kind, including attorneys' fees, arising from or relating to your use or misuse of the website or in violation of these terms.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
All matters relating to the website and these terms and any dispute or claim arising therefrom or related thereto (in each case, including non-contractual disputes or claims), shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the internal laws of the State of Maryland without giving effect to any choice or conflict of law provision or rule.
You agree to submit to the nonexclusive personal jurisdiction of the courts located within Howard County, Maryland. You waive any and all objections to the exercise of jurisdiction over you by such courts and to venue in such courts.
Any Claim shall be arbitrated or litigated, as the case may be, on an individual basis and shall not be consolidated with any claim, suit, or action of any other party whether through class action proceedings, class arbitration proceedings or otherwise.
Limitation on Time to File Claims
Waiver and Severability
If you do not comply with these terms, and we don’t take action right away, this doesn’t mean that we are giving up any rights that we may have (such as taking action in the future).
If it turns out that a particular term is not enforceable, this will not affect any other terms.
Changes to These Terms
We may modify these terms or any additional terms that apply to the website to, for example, reflect changes to the law or changes to our website or the services offered through our website. You should look at the terms regularly. We will post notice of modifications to these terms on this page. Changes will not apply retroactively and will become effective no sooner than fourteen (14) days after they are posted. However, changes addressing new functions for a service or changes made for legal reasons will be effective immediately. If you do not agree to the modified terms for a service, you should discontinue your use of that service.
Your Comments and Concerns
This website is operated by Grimmer Technology and Operations, Inc., located at 4662 Dower Drive, Ellicott City, MD 21043.
All feedback, comments, requests for technical support and other communications relating to our website should be directed to our email address at email@example.com, ATTN: GTOi CIO email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last Modified: 4 August 2022